And what are the most effective political forms to find civic agency in this new context?
Nation-states are not disappearing as some globalisation theorists may have suggested in other decades, but neither are they the best political forms for our future. Fearing our collective incapacity to solve global challenges, citizens retract to the known container of the nation-state; but this only makes the problem worse. What comes after nation-states and how do we get there?
- Women, peace and transnational activism, a century on | History and Policy.
- Studia Patristica. Vol. XXV. Biblica et Apocrypha, Orientalia, Ascetica?
- Transnational Social Movements - Smith - - Major Reference Works - Wiley Online Library!
- People power: transnational activism!
- HOOK: The Untold Stories of Neverland.
This is the question the School of Transnational Activism is aiming to answer. Would you like to be part of it?
- Financial Derivatives (Wiley Finance).
- Profitable Partnering for Lean Construction.
- Unexpected Power - Conflict and Change among Transnational Activists.
- Business Finance for the Numerically Challenged!
- Vault Career Guide to Biotech (Vault Career Library).
- Elegant Anatomy: The Eighteenth-Century Leiden Anatomical Collections!
How can we understand the power of transnational activist networks in terms of discursive or communicative power? How can we differentiate between different levels and aspects of democracy in this respect?
Transnational Activism in Asia : Problems of power and democracy
To what extent can transnational activism promote transnational democracy? What about internal democracy and problems of inequality within transnational activist networks?
- Books - Cornell University Press.
- Main Article Content;
- People power: transnational activism;
We also clarify the different types of actors involved in transnational activism. Drawing on the chapters in the present book and previous research, we offer an elaboration of what a power perspective and a focus on problems of democracy can contribute to our understanding of transnational activism. Finally, we contextualize the conceptual discussion with the situation in East and Southeast Asia.
An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page.
click here If the problem persists, please try again in a little while. No cover image. Read preview.
Synopsis This book provides new perspectives on transnational activism with a specific regional focus on Asia.